Friday, May 15, 2009

Five Free Passes

Life is so good right now. I praise God for the way he has kept me emotionally and mentally strong during this time in our life. We are enjoying the temporary house and really not been affected at leaving the other house. We are still praising God at how fast it sold, how smooth the process went, and for being able to sell at the price we wanted to sell it. It is the neighbors that REALLy matter and we are still spending time with them:)
Now, the house hunt in New Orleans has been a bit of a challenge but we are hanging in. We have exhausted all our options and we are down to either renting or my dad might purchase a gutted house and we rent it from him till we can buy it from him. Mortgage companies see Alf and I in a position of starting a business (which we are) and in starting a new business they want to see proof of a two year income. Sooooooooo, I was talking to a friend this morning about all this house drama and he humored me by imagining God giving us five free passes. Of course you have to be a believer of Jesus Christ to get these free passes - not just anyone can get these free passes. Believing in Jesus comes with quite a bit of perks already, you know, like going to heaven when you die and living in perfect harmony forever and ever!! But what if a perk was to also have five free passes to fore see the future?? Example: I use a pass to have God show me where I am going to live in New Orleans - LOL! Something to wonder is would I have already used all five by now? Use them for, who am I going to marry? Kids, and how many? How will I die? etc. Well, since we are only imagining and humoring ourselves ... the buck stops here.
Seriously, I do covet all your prayers at this time ... to find the home that God has for us.

The piece of art under this post was done by Athan. He did it in art class at school and it was chosen to be presented at an art show at the city High School with many other art pieces done by children from all the city public schools. Alf and I were very proud of him!!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I had to laugh about your issues with getting a home loan. It's the same type of issues we've been having with the adoption. Unstable/too low income, not owning a home, etc... I'm so glad God has been sustaining your emotions during this time and that you're enjoying all of the changes!