Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Randomness

Lets see....


It snowed this week. Crazy stuff. I wonder if that means that we will have a super cold winter this year. Everyone says it is time for one. The more snow - the more sledding - Yeah!


I'm finally getting excited about the boys costumes this year - Athan will be Indiana Jones (thanks to someone lending us a hat and a canteen) and Aiden with be Super Aiden (made from a sweat suit and cut up felt). These are not very complicated costumes:) This year I just have to make sure they stay warm.


Aiden is so cute. He is that child that makes me laugh the hardest but also makes me the most angry. Athan is pretty even keel and a very sensitive child. I love them both so much but in such different ways. I hope and pray so much that they will grow to love the Lord - in a special way. To truly make it their own thing. Not just be 'religious' b/c they are pastor kids.


Im so glad that Alf is not sick anymore and I am exhausted from cleaning all the germs away. I did some DEEP cleaning today. So much so that even my back hurts.


We had fun carving pumpkins tonight with some friends. I had hopes of bringing the boys to a church near by that sells a slew of pumpkins and letting them pick their own. I would take pictures and we would come home for a nice cup of hot cocoa. Well, I ended up picking up pumpkins at our nearest grocery store.


It has been a busy month. My 'to do list' has not gotten smaller. I think fall break and a day to Knoxville for a game has made the month feel exceptionally full.


The GAME! I almost forgot to mention the GAME! Someone was very generous and thoughtful to give Alf and I tickets to the Tenn/Alabama game in Knoxville. It was my first experience. It was so cool.

walked an interesting path to get to the stadium - watched the band march in the stadium - entertained by how some people dress at such events - eating a hot dog at the game/yummy - enjoyed perfect game weather/cool, but not to cold - being a night game - watching an eagle soar down to the field while the national anthem was sung - having the game on TV/got to learn about the man in the red hat and was fascinated by the 'floating' camera - people watched/grateful my husband does not like snuff - loved the half time show - especially loved that BAMA won/29 to 9!!




No comments: