Monday, November 22, 2010

Canoeing on Bayou St. John


Once upon a time there were two brother, Iberville and Bienville.......this was an educational AND fun field trip for Athan and his class. The guides taught them some history on how New Orleans was founded, why we call it the Crescent City (the crescent of the river:), and they even had a treasure hunt where they found an "old" map that took them to some "treasure"!!!


Old ruins of the Spanish Fort


When I heard that 25 kids in Athan's class would be canoeing down Bayou St John, I was a bit apprehensive. In all honesty, I did not know where Bayou St John was! All it took was a little googling to find out that it was in our "backyard" Bayou St John runs along City Park into Lake Ponchatrain. (We drive next to it every day taking Athan to school) So, I was relieved that my child was not going to get swallowed up by any alligators!


They had a great time and made some great memories.

No comments: