Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Heart Kindergarten


There is something so special to me about this year. It is a year where our babies become kids, and it is a year where they learn SO much in such a fun way! It is a book end to the many school years to come.


Alf and I got to go share in a Thanksgiving Feast with Aiden and his class yesterday. You can see in the pictures that they made center pieces, place mats, name tags, labels for the food, menus.....Things started off by the kids singing some cute songs and then we dined with two other kids and their parents. The company was enjoyable and the food was yummy!



I chose to bring something simple (veggie plate and corn). My favorite dish that was there was a "pizza" that was made completely from raw foods, even the crust! I am hearing more and more about this wonderful (but tasking) way of eating. Dont know if it is just new to me or it is new all around?


Anyway, look how cute!! The vest where they implemented pattern, shape and color. The head piece had feathers in the back and each one was a different color that symbolized something (red for kindness) and they had to earn their feathers. A bracelet that told the story of the pilgrims and indians! Yes, I did get him telling the story on video:) And of course the necklace that said - He who loves his Brother.
When we were coming home from school, he was trying to figure out what birds all the feathers came from. I had to explain to him that not ALL feathers these days come off a bird created by the hands of God:)
(The picture below is Aiden describing to daddy about the feathers)



Where is waldo??

Aiden is in the back standing up next to the tee pee!
His teacher is the lady to the left, with her assistant next to her. The lady on the right is a student teacher from Tulane that is with us for the semester. (His teacher reminds me of my Kindergarten teacher:)
I have had a wonderful time getting to volunteer in the class and going on field trips. It is an adorable group of kids! There was a kid that told me he wanted to be a paleontologist, one of the boys wants to be a football player (by the looks of his hands, he just might), a little girl in the class reminds me of punky brewster, and I have a serious crush on the red head - oh my goodness!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aww, I love kindergarten too. It is so sweet. I love all the little programs :)