Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Leprechaun Trap


Follow the Pattern to the treasure!

Aiden had to make a Leprechaun Trap for his Kindergarten class. (I know, I am a little behind on posting this) It was a fun activity for him and I to do together. We first googled Leprechaun Traps and saw multiple ideas, chose one and we were off! Great ideas come from other peoples great ideas, right? :)
Aiden came up with the pattern idea.....


and I helped him with the idea of using beads for his rainbow. Its not a New Orleans school project without using Mardi gras beads!


On St Patrick's Day, Aiden and all his class mates showed up to their classroom with green Leprechaun footprints all over the room. The Leprechaun bombarded the room, sprinkled green glitter everywhere and left a note and some gold coins. Aiden shared with me on the way home that day that he thought the Leprechaun was in the art room (the teacher did not let them go in the art room). He then went to bed that night saying, 'I a lot of reallys want to trap him tonight at our house.'

The imagination is a fun and beautiful thing!

No comments: