Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Long Relaxing Weekend!?

What a nice beginning for a long relaxing weekend.
First, Athan crawled in bed with Alf and I and as Alf continued to sleep or at least pretend to, Athan wanted him and I to think of all the different opposites. Thinking of opposites got Athan and I hungry so off we go to the kitchen.
Athan is my cereal boy - low maintenance. Aiden will ask for cereal b/c Athan does, but he never eats it. Im trying to think creatively about feeding Aiden in the morning. So I have bought some b'fast bars and oatmeal in hopes that some b'fast diversity will help. When Aiden wakes up this morning he asks for cereal (as always), eats a go-gurt, and the dry cereal is still sitting on the counter having never been touched. I choose to eat half of a grapefruit (b/c I try to make healthy choices to stay alive to see my kids grow up) and some banana bread (it is such a great thing to make when you have ripe bananas)
I paint a second coat of trim in my bathroom. Alf tiles, paints the walls, puts in a new vent, faucet and light fixture in and then has the nerve to gives me the yucky job of calking and painting trim. What is up with that? I prefer to paint on a canvas.
The boys and I have one serious kung-fu/wresting match. We even worked up a sweat. Maybe I burned about a 100 calories? Maybe.
There is some sponge bob involved in the morning and actually re-emphasized to my Athan about how bragging can hurt a friend. GO sponge bob!
Alf and I try to help the boys research how to make a 3-D paper car. Athan gets these ideas in his head. That is still in progress - wish us luck!
Aiden and I have had fun looking at pictures that we have stored on the computer. Mainly the ones we have taken this summer. This was alot of fun, to see what was captured and to see how much fun life can be. There are some of the boys that I certainly need to frame and their are others I need to print off for a PrK project. I didnt know that PrK would require homework!
Well, now my blogging time has been interupted by two boys that are getting on each others nerves. Let me see how long it will take to get back to
"a long relaxing weekend"
Maybe throwing in some neighborhood kids and a slip&slide will cheer everyone up and allow mama to sit and just read a book:)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That was fun. I felt like I was there...spying on you ;)

Abbey said...

Ooo... that sounds like fun! I wish we were there to share it with you! (Actually we should have come... long weekend!!) Anyway, we miss you guys. I'm glad it's been relaxing. And, I agree. You got totally stuck with the crap job of caulking and painting. Tell "The Donald" I said so.
Oh, and which bathroom??? Me wants to know all the lovely details!!! :)

care-in said...

Xavier does a good job pretending to sleep too. Wish I could do that!