Monday, September 1, 2008

The Shack

I really enjoyed this part of the book today....

"...Just b/c you make horrendous and destructive choices does not mean you deserve less respect for what you inherently are-the pinnacle of my Creation and the center of my affection."

"...my purposes are not for my comfort, or yours. My purposes are always and only an expression of love. I purpose to work life out of death, to bring freedom out of brokenness and turn darkness into light. What you see as chaos, I see as a fractal."

Faith never knows where it is being led, But it knows and loves the One who is leading. - Oswald Chambers

My love and faith are growing deeper. I still have far to go - but receive JOY knowing that He cares for me and that He has got it all under control

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That first one brought tears to my eyes! I forget that ALL the time. We are his lovely bride and he is a perfect husband. Even my own earthly husband forgives what is hideous about me because he is in love with me...So how much more a perfect God. Ah, this is what I needed to hear this morning. Thanks! I loved all the quotes.

-C said...

i'm reading this too right now ... hope to finish it on the way home if we drive in the light. ;)

good stuff ... love the love relationship the book represents between God and us. still considering the all the interworkings of the trinity but definitely a thought-provoking read.

care-in said...

Okay...you are now in my google reader so I won't lose you!

I have debated reading this book...I love these quotes.

Abbey said...

I so enjoyed this book! Even more so Paul's blog tho...check it out... he has some more story!
I'm glad you're reading this. I personally connected with the pictuer he painted of God being a big black woman, greeting him with a strong loving, familiar hug. I needed that picture at the time I was reading the Shack, as I was facing alot of anger at God. Hhmmm... maybe TMI for blog comments... we'll talk sometime!! :)

Andy said...

i love love love this book. i need to find the quote that i wrote down from the book and post it.