Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lentil Soup - request granted

Lentil Soup

1 bag of dry lentils
10 cups of water
1 green pepper - chopped
1 onion - chopped
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 T dried sage
2 cloves garlic
1 pkg of fully cooked smoked sausage - cut into small pieces
Bring to a boil then simmer for 30-45 min. - until veggies are soft.

Other ingredients I like to add:
2 celery stalks - chopped
2-4 carrots - chopped
sometimes I add spinach, fresh or frozen
New Orleans seasoning

Other ingredients you can try:
potatoes
yellow pepper
add some chicken stock in place of some water and alleviate bouillon cubes.

A healthy soup that freezes well! Yeah - only Aiden and I eat this, not Alf or Athan.

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Ooo, yum yum yum!!!

care-in said...

Thanks! I am definitely trying this out on Xavier.

care-in said...

This soup is getting rave reviews from my hubby. I made it last night and he's had three bowls.