Wednesday, November 12, 2008

R.I.P.


I bought these shoes....well, I cant even remember when. A long time ago. Did I buy them when I lived in Dallas or did I buy them in college?
I dont know how you will react to this post. Some may be appauled that I am getting rid of such fine shoes, some may laugh that I actually wore these shoes, and some may be indifferent and think that this is a stupid topic to blog about.
I am proud to say that I am relinguishing these shoes to some other world.
I have certainly gotten my moneys worth.
They sort of had two lives. When I first bought them I probably wore them for only a couple of years. I gave them a new life since I have lived here in Tenn.
The decision to have kept them for so long is somewhat an emotional attachment (I'll admit) and just simply being a frugile person.
I am happy to have replaced them with a fine set of shoes. Brown, comfortable (naturalizers), casual but not too casual.
That is all I got. What do you hold on to?

6 comments:

care-in said...

I totally get it...why mess with something that is still good.

allison said...

They are STILL good but man - my new naturalizer are REALLY comfortable:)

Missy said...

That is so funny! I love it.
I hope you enjoy your new shoes. :)

I have some t shirts, complete with holes, that I can't part with. I just use them for night shirts, but still, I am attatched.

Abbey said...

I love that you posted about this, myself. I hold on to everything that "might possibly come back in style one day". It's ridiculous. I recently cleaned out shoes, purses and belts. I've never even worn a belt that I can remember, but I probably have 15! It's so wasteful when someone else would love to have them! (btw, need any belts?) :)
Anyway, it feels good to get a new pair of shoes, doesn't it? I respect you for getting rid of the old ones. See, here's where my problem starts. I would have to keep them for say, "yard shoes" or something. :)
Next time you need to also post the new ones, so we can have a before and after shot!

care-in said...

no...elliya didn't eat the chalupa roast. I intended it for Xavier but since it wasn't too spicy I ate it too.

Michelle said...

poor shoes. they are so cute.