Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for a great Thanksgiving Holiday.

Wednesday - My dad, the boys, and I went over the mountain to Ashville to enjoy the Gingerbread House contest at the Grove Park Inn. The hotel itself is quite a site. It is over 95 years old and well to do these days. The Gingerbread Houses are so fun to look at. Everything is supposedly edible. And I got to eat at my favorite Ashville resteraunt, La Paz! We ended the day by making our own Gingerbread House and Train. Im thankful for getting to make good memories






Thursday - My dad, Athan, and I got up early to walk the 5k Turkey Trot. It was Athans first time and he did great. My dad won 2nd in his age category. Im thankful for a healthy dad! At lunch time we enjoyed a feast at some good friends house. It is our third time in a row to spend Thanksgiving with these friends so I think we can officially call it a tradition?? Im thankful for dear, loving friends. All I had to bring was corn and the sweet potatoe casserole by request.






Friday - was a day to just hang out. Im thankful for rest.


Saturday - We went tree shopping and brought one home to decorate. I only did 5 strands of lights this year but it still looks good Amanda:) Alf and I love looking at our ornaments and remembering where they have come from, I love my angel ornament collection, and the kids love theirs. Im soooooooo thankful for my family. By the way, Alf was gleeming that night - Roll Tide!


Sunday - As I cooked and listened to christmas CD's, my family was out shopping for my christmas present. The quiet time was a christmas present in itself. We had a friend come to dinner that night and just when you think your doing something to touch someone, that someone touches you. Im thankful for pleasant surprises.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Missy said...

I have always wanted to go to that Gingerbead thing. My Mom went last year and we had said we would go this year...but Alas, this year is here and no plans for going.

How cool that you and your Dad and Son did that run together. I am very impressed :)