Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Artist



'I want to be an artist when I grow up, momma'
That is what Athan told me a couple of weeks ago. When he was planning his 6 yr. old party (teenage mutant ninja turtle, a.k.a. TMNT), he was coloring banners and such. I came across this art work and used it for the invitations (went to Kinkos and shrunk it), and I used it for the cake (got it transfered to rice paper.)
Sooooo cool, huh?! The party was a success - high energy, karate kicking, nerf gun shooting, slime making success!
I am incredibly proud of my boy. I look forward to seeing what God will do in his life. Hopefully Alf and I will do our part and not get in the way too much:)

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Those are sojme slammin' ninja turtles...I think he is a great little artist!!

Andy said...

cool pic. the turtles are cool.

Amanda said...

Athan is so talented and creative, but he gets it from his Mommy (sorry Alf!). How creative are you to make his art work into the invitation and the cake! I'm just going to start calling you Martha Stewart.