Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday



['what a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man' song playing]

Yes, I have a good man! Black Friday rolls around and what does he do? Alarm goes off at 3:30 am, I hear the garage door open, and before I know it, it is 4:30 am and he is crawling back in bed and I have a kitchen aid sitting in my hallway. YEAH!!!

I have never been a Black Friday fan. Tell me, is it really worth precious sleep to save a couple of bucks? To fight major crowds to save a couple of bucks? Well, I will tell you this - When you spend Thanksgiving day with people preparing for black friday where they are looking at all the ads, talking about how early they can stand to get up in the morning - the hype travels!

In my 11 yrs of marriage, I have gone through two hand mixers that I burned out b/c I always expected them to do more then they really were capable of doing. I was down to borrowing a neighbors. When I saw the ad for the kitchen aid mixer it was love at first sight. On sale for 159, with a 30 rebate, add signing up for a Kohl's card and take off an additional 25, and for every 50 you would spend they would give you 10 Kohl's bucks. We figured it only really cost us 99! My friends, it was so worth it!! This thing normally cost 250 - I would have done it myself but it was even better that I did'nt even have to do it.

Merry Christmas to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

-C said...

love the story. i think it's just his way of insuring some homemade chocolate chip cookies every night. ;)

Marsha said...

That's awesome! What love. I know what you mean about handhelds tearing up. They are a pain, but easier to store in my not so spacious kitchen.
So you live in J.C., TN. I know where that is. Besides shopping in Knoxville, I do on occasion go to Asheville. It's about 2hr 15 min. from our place. As a matter of fact, I'm going there on Wednesday to do a little shopping. I'm also meeting up with a friend from Charlotte and going to the Grove Park Inn to the Gingerbread House Display. Now that you have a GREAT new mixer, you can try your hand at making a Gingerbread house for Christmas! ;-)

Andy said...

cool. i love those things. i'd love to have one in green.

Abbey said...

You're such a Betty Crocker! I don't bake near enough to justify one of those!!
That's a great Merry Christmas to you! And you have a very cool husband for getting out there in all that mess!

allison said...

Marsha, I went to the Grove Park Inn last year - it was pretty cool - the Inn was more fascinating to me then the gingerbread houses but all in all you will have a great time.
andy, if I would have gotten the 'mac daddy' then I would have been able to choose a color - red all the way!
Abbey, are you going to change Oprah to Betty?

Graced said...

Love those mixers! And I am so impressed with A. I just can't imagine him getting out with all those fighting women! Way to be a warrior!

Jennifer said...

You'll never regret having a KitchenAid. Believe me, in all the bazillions of cakes and batches of frosting I've made, it's never done anything but work perfectly, and we got a great deal on ours too, so I am so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

i am so impressed in so many ways...baking...and alf. what a nice thing for him to do. good job.

Amanda said...

That is awesome! Now if Alf wasn't such a picky eater he could enjoy so many wonderful things you will make with his great gift! Fell free to pass along any goodies he doesn't want down the street to me!

Leslie said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go, Alli! It's such a good deal, I could almost cry. Merry Christmas to you!