Friday, December 21, 2007

Mitford

I am in love with Mitford... and I want to live there.

I want to eat at Percy's grill, shake hands with Dooley, listen to the Lord's chapel bells, smell the inside of Sweet Stuff Bakery, and shop my grocerys at the Local...AND pick apples from the orchard on Fernbank.

Yes my friends, I am talking about the small town with the big heart.
I am on the seventh book of the Mitford series and will probably cry when I read the ninth one (the last.) Well here is a quote to ponder (chapter one, seventh book)
Enjoy!

Nothing that is worth doing can be achieved in our lifetime; therefore we must be saved by hope.
Nothing which is true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; therefore we must be saved by faith.
Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone; therefore, we must be saved by love.
Niebuhr-

4 comments:

-C said...

I adore Mitford! I was reading the series while preggo w/Sam ... and I took my own virtual trip to the little town while in labor. It was a great place to relax and feel tranquil. :)

Have you read Yada Yada Prayer Group?

allison said...

No, I haven't. I've got three to finish before I think of anything else! Although, I've heard Cold Sassy Tree is a fabulous book.

Jennifer said...

I love Mitford and need to pick them back up. I stopped somewhere along book 5-6 back when they were just coming out, and need to refresh my mind with them and finish the series. Cold Sassy is good - Southern, not a Christian perspective, but neat writing.

Renee said...

I'm so happy you have a blog now so I can keep up with you guys! I've been looking for some new reading material so I think I'll try these out!