Saturday, December 15, 2007

Peace

I did enjoy my sugar cookie baking and decorating with the kids, and I enjoyed the little bit of shopping that took place around town. My responsibilities were little in comparison to what they sometimes are (you know, me escaping the busyness.)
BUT - in the time that I was trying to relax and breathe I was having a hard time. You see, Alf was terribly busy the last couple of weeks doing a number of things, one pertains to ministering to the community, in which I am very grateful for the opportunity that we have. I know for certain that it blesses us and I hope and pray that it means something to the people that were served.

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" Phil. 4:7

A verse that has been going over and over in my head like a broken record lately that sustained me during a time ...
We had a date night tonight that allowed us to connect again. I adore the restaurant we went to where it had a live band playing the Blues and it serves up some awesome New Orleans food.
This may seem a bit choppy for those that will take a minute out of there day to read this but I just wanted to say all this to express my gratitude to my husbands presence in the home, and for a God that takes care of us right were we are.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Wonderful use of lavish public praise on your man! Enjoy the next couple of weeks with your family.

Abbey said...

I needed to read that verse today. Thanks for posting it!