Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My First Loose Tooth



I woke up this morning and I started my day


I stumbled out of bed and I made my way


Down to the kitchen where I poured some juice


That's when I noticed that my tooth was loose!





I can tell you're thinking right off the bat


I don't see what's so great about that?


It's something that happens nearly every single day


To kids from Canada to Tampa Bay





Well, you might be right; that might be true


But maybe someday this will happen to you...





Maybe one morning when you're putting on your shirt


You'll notice that your mouth is starting to hurt


You'll rush up to the mirror and open up wide


And notice there's a tooth that's loose inside!





Now the very first thing that you're gonna wanna do


Is reach up with your finger to see if it moves


You'll wiggle it left and you'll wiggle it right


'Til it wiggles all morning and it wiggles all night


You'll wiggle at school and you'll wiggle it at home


You'll wiggle it in crowds and you'll wiggle it alone


You'll wiggle it for friends and you'll wiggle it for foes


You'll wiggle it for everybody everywhere you go!





Until you wiggle it one little wiggle too far...


And it POPS right out wherever you are!


Well, now you've got a hole where you tooth used to be


And you're feeling pretty strange 'cause you can taste it bleed


And you're telling everybody I'M GONNA BE SICK!!


That's when you figure out a brand new trick


'Cause you can spread you lips and clamp you jaws


And still have room to stick your straw


To slurp your milk or gurgle up your coke


Impress your friends and embarrass your folks!





So now you're thinking "Hey, this is pretty fun!"


But the bery best part is yet to come


'Cause when you get back home and you're ready for bed


You can stick that tooth underneath your head


And if everything goes exactly right


The tooth fairy comes in the middle of the night


She sneaks in your room when you're sound asleep


And she leaves a little cash where your tooth used to be





So, you're still sitting there thinking "I know that scene. Everybody's done that whole routine."


Well, you might be right; I might be wrong


It might not be worth writing this song


Except for one little thing you see


It's the very first time it's happened to me...The End.


(written by: Roger Day - He's got great CD's for kids, so check him out at RogerDay.com)


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I totally thought you wrote that! I have heard of Roger Day though. He came to our library once. He's great! Tell your little guy congrats!

LaPellaPottery said...

Free says since he and Athan lost the same tooth, they'll be best buds. :-)