Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weddings are...

beautiful,

special,

momentous,

life changing,

joyful,

exhausting :)

"There is nothing more nobler or more admirable than when two people see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends." - Homer

Alf did a fabulous job this weekend. He also looked pretty fine, if I must say so myself. (I helped him look fine by getting him a swanky silver tie - go me!)
The couple, they are great. Two people that love the Lord and serve Him to their fullest potential. It is nice to see that in this world that we live.
The cutest part were the FIVE flower girls. Oh my gosh! They really got into throwing the petals and danced their little hearts out at the reception.
The sexiest part was the kiss that the groom laid on the bride when Alf said 'kiss the bride.'
The sweetest part was the dance that the bride and her dad did together (had lessons.)
Well, that was are weekend. If anyone is interested, the photographers website is ericmccarty.com. He currently has a cool video he put together with all the pics of the rehearsal. He is a VERY talented man.

Now, my dad just got in town and look forward to spending time with him.
Peace out!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I have heard from many that Alf did a wonderful job and the the ceremony was very moving. He better watch out because he will have lots of people asking him to do their weddings now! I am sure you were proud of your man!

Daphne said...

As I was drifting off to sleep last night I thought Wow we are already in April then it hit me IT'S ALYS BIRTHDAY!!!! Heres thinking of you kid:) and wishing you a belated Happy Birthday. Hope you had a good one with no April fools. hee hee

Glad you had a great time at the wedding. Congrats Alfie on awesome job. Was this his first wedding?

Andy said...

hey isn't today you birthday? happy bday. hope it's great.

allison said...

Thanks for the b'day messages!! It was the 1st and it was a great day. Daph, it was Alf's third wedding.

Abbey said...

Oh I am so glad Alf didn't do our wedding. That would have been the best ever, except that I would have have feared every time we "did it" that I wasn't actually legally wed for some cruel joke of Alf's. I hope me saying "did it" doesn't make you uncomfortable. "Did it did it did it!" Hee hee! I'm weird.

And HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!! I wish I knew my friends' b'days but I just don't. You're suppossed to call me and say, "It's my b'day". And then I can say, "Oh yay! Well, Happy Bday!"

When are ya comin' to town?

Marsha said...

hmm, I thought I came over here earlier this evening a wished you a happy belated b-day?

Happy belated b-day!