Friday, March 28, 2008

The Lord provides are every need

The Lord does supply are every need. My sweet, sweet, sweet son - Athan.
You see, Alf is doing a wedding this weekend. I get to dress up and enjoy the festivities this weekend with him (the benefits of being a pastor's wife, yeah!)
Well, there is a shirt that I have had in my closet since the winter that I have been excited to wear once it warmed up. Today was that warm day ...to get out the new shirt ...that I got in the winter ...on the clearance rack at Cato's ...to wear to the dinner rehearsal.
I go out in the family room to give the boys kisses good-bye and Athan says, 'thats a pretty shirt, mom'
Be still my heart!!
Isnt he sweet? God love him!
OK, God love Alf too. But gosh darn it, I cannot get a comment like that from him for the life of me. Sure, I tell Alf to tell me nice things. Sure, he knows he should. But does he?
That is why he gave me Athan.
Thank you Lord. Thank you Athan.
One more thing...
Alf and I do love each other :) Did I need to say that?

4 comments:

-C said...

There are way too many similarities between Alf and Doug ... Sam seems to notice when I wear a skirt every time and compliments me. :) And, like you, I wonder if Doug sees me. I'm just not sure if I like the "Mom, you look like an octopus" comments right now ... but I have to smile and admit he's right -- my tummy does indeed look like an octopus body w/o the legs of course. :) Hope that made you smile. Maybe Alf and Doug can be accountability partners. LOL

Missy said...

Boys are so sweet to their poor old Mama's...and Cato has the best clearence racks. I'm sure your shirt was very cute!

Marsha said...

Yes, boys are sweet like that and then they grow up to be men and you just have to wonder what happened along the way!

Actually, my son is STILL very much like that. He notices things right away. Mike on the other hand.

Well, like you and Alf, we love each other. Nuff said.

Abbey said...

What a sweetie that little Athan! Little tiny kindness. The best kind!