Thursday, September 18, 2008

Firecracker, Firecracker, Boom-Boom-Boom

So I was a cheerleader back in the day, so what?!

I actually thought it would be fun to show Athan what I looked like when I was in first grade. After school yesterday, I busted out all of my old yearbooks. (I have every year! Yeah me!) Athan was certainly intrigued. But what interested him more then the first grade was high school.

He saw that mom was a cheerleader! He asked if I was the best at cheer leading, and I was quick to tell him that it was just for fun (and fun we had:)) He assumed I had more friends then him, and again I was quick to remind him of all the friends HE has. He wanted to know what other things I did. The list was not very long and he found out that mom is not much of a competitor. Anything I ever did was just all for fun!

Just a side note:
It is funny to me how much more I push myself now as an adult when I am working out - is it maturity or working out stress in my life?

Anywhoo! That evening after looking at pictures, pictures, pictures...we were on the floor playing with Legos (playing on the floor with my children - something I don't do nearly enough.) We have one lego head that has a girl face, so that is who I play with. I gave her an outfit and Athan surprised me with something for my person...



POM-POMS!!!!

3 comments:

Abbey said...

I can believe that you were a cheerleader in every way except for the fact that games sometimes last until 10pm. That makes me think you're lying. You couldn't have POSSIBLY stayed awake that long! OR... you were a real party animal back in the day... (hee hee)

Michelle said...

That is the cutest story...and a really good picture. I looks like a magazine pic to me. Anyway, aren't you glad your poms poms were'nt that BIG?

Amanda said...

I agree, that is a really cool picture. What a fun story! Tell you boys Hi for us.