Thursday, September 25, 2008

ROLL TIDE ! ! !

Tis the season for football.

Going to college in Birmingham, we had to make the decision - Alabama or Auburn. Me, not being much of a sports fanatic, chose Alabama because I like their colors better:) Alf has reasons for picking Alabama that he can explain on his blog one day. (Im thinking of James and Jennifer, their going to be so disappointed in this post, but not surprised)

So, Aiden's preschool this week has informed parents to feel free to dress their kids in football team attire on Thursday. We-e-ell, that totally gives Alf a chance to have his kid represent. When I dropped Aiden off this morning, he did the 'roll tide' so well. There was almost a tear in my eye - not really.





-sorry these pictures are not the great-



We had to actually go the the mall last night to get these hats. The boys both had fun picking out the ones they wanted. Mom and Dad got T-hirts b/c we were given tickets to see Tenn play Bama in Knoxville at the end of Oct! :) (I'll show picts of that later)

We started our mall adventure at Dicks sporting goods. And Dicks rocks for two little boys. We putted the green, ran around the track in the shoe area, we pretended to be boxers and punched punching bags, and we shot some hoops. Good times were had. As excited as they were, all I could think about was - they dont get out much.

ROLL TIDE ! ! !

8 comments:

care-in said...

Last year my school had a sports themed auction and we could wear sports attire. Me and X being the sports fanatics that we are not, had to borrow some hockey jerseys from a friend. Sad I know!

Kenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

No, I'm not surprised, and yes, it pains me to see more children being led astray. But, I figure the Crimson Tide needs some loyal fans with all their ups and downs the past 6 years, so I'm glad that ya'll are faithful in your misguided devotion. :-) Love you anyway!!

Kenny said...

Roll Tide? whatever. It is nice to see that Bama is finally playing some football and aren't an embarrasment to the SEC anymore. They were beginning to bore me. However, they are so happy they don't have to get dominated by the Gators again this year! But this is the greatest time of the year.

(I had to republish this. I went back and looked at it. All those grammatical errors made me look like I went to Bama)

Alf Nelson said...

Jennifer - ur time is coming. Kenny - maybe those grammatical errors are what eliminated you from the possibility of Alabama.

Abbey said...

Around the bowl, down the hole, Roll Tide Roll! War Eagle!
That was for Matt, just so ya know. I just say it to keep the peace around here. I certainly don't watch any games. That would just be too boring. BUt, gotta support our men, you know what I'm sayin'??
Plus, when else would I get to go shopping on Sats by myself??
All boys + football season = Mommy time!! War dang Eagle baby!! :)

THe boys look cute in their hats! And THx for not going the TN route. That gives us hope... :)

Kenny said...

I can't believe Abbey is so indifferent about the single most important thing in the state of Alabama what are Alabama soccer moms coming to? Hey Allison I have a new blog for sec football. Tell Alfy about it it's at secrant.blogspot.com

Kenny said...

Congrats on the great win! Bama is definitely back. All I can say is wow, I don't want to play them. But I'm not gonna say Roll Tide, so forget about that, just take the the congrats and be satisfied with that. I would hate to Auburn right now. They have a serious butt kickin coming!