Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where I live...





Our street sign. . . something we pass everyday and don't ever think about.

I've not lived on that many streets in my life. I grew up in just one house in New Orleans - college in B'ham (dorm) - Seminary years in Dallas (couple apts.) - and now I am on

Antioch Road.

The street where Alf and I purchased our first house almost six years ago. It is a street I love. It is in an area of the city that makes you feel a bit in the country. I am officially in the city but pass a field of horses if I go one way down my street and pass a field of cows and tobacco farming down the other way. (But only fifteen minutes away from the mall, Starbucks, Target, etc)

Antioch Road is a very long street. As I said, It has several large fields, there are three churches on it and a Muslim masque on the way. It has a couple of apartment complexes, an entrance to a park, and a such a diverse group of houses. The wealthy and the poor live on this street. And some who are in the middle :-)


As time has passed over the years that we have lived on Antioch, I feel I have made roots. A side of me feels like I could raise my kids in this house all through their school life but the other side of me is feeling like that might not happen. I don't know what the Lord will have us do.

'Should I stay or should I go'


The Lord has blessed us with GREAT neighbors . . . on Antioch and across the creek in the back. Some of those neighbors are like family. Some are medically prepared for any trauma our boys might face! Some lean on us to provide their kids a place to hang out. Some I can rely on to help with all the fund-raisers the school throws at us b/c they have "been there, done that."

Great neighbors on Antioch Road!


So there is my street . . . not a street my kids can play on and certainly not a street I let the kids cross by themselves. But it has worked for us.


Thank you Lord!


(I got this idea on overlooked blog - it was fun - come on and try it - I dare ya)




1 comment:

Abbey said...

I love your street and your house too! It's very quaint and realxing feeling. And I lvoe the way all your backyards connect with the neighbors' with the creek running through them... It's a great place!